Saturday, February 16, 2013


So a friend of mine posted this to me on facebook. Of course I thought it was the most adorable thing I'd seen in a while, so I made one. It took me less than 24 hours from seeing it posted to seeing it made nad done. At first I thought my timeline was a little off with this, but it turns out thaht it wasn't. This was a wonderful knit. In fact I have made 2 of them to date.

Here is the pattern!

Sunday, February 03, 2013

Big Red Blanket

This was my first BIG project I ever knitted.My wife still swears by this blanket to this day. The pattern was my own. It was my first pattern that I had thought up all by myself. I was proud of it then and I am still proud of it now.

The pattern is as follows;

1. Knit first row.
2. Pearl one row.
3. Knit one row.
4. Pearl one row.
5. Knit one row.
6. Knit one row.
7. Knit one row.

Repeat rows 2 through 7 until the work is long enough to be to your satisfaction. Use the gauge you'd like, as there is no set gauge with this project.

Leaf Border

I made this leaf border for my lamp using crochet string. Both red and purple.

Here is the pattern I used!

I then tied them together using the tails I had from both end of the leaves until I had enough length to go around my lamp shade. There it has been for years now. I'm quite happy with the outcome as well.

Sheldon the Turtle

I made 3 or 4 of these turtles. Not one the same as the other. Here is the one I got a photo of.

Here is the pattern I used!

As you can note I really don't like using buttons if I don't have to for the eyes. I much prefer to just sew them on. Nothing for little mouths to swallow that way.


So this was made for a little boy of a friend. He was delighted with this little thing!

Here is the pattern I used!

As you can see I have made some changes to the window.


I have some major catching up to do with this blog. My goal is to put up everything I've been up to. Since my last posts and before my last posts, I had missed some projects. So here goes nothing :)

Thursday, March 01, 2012

E-reader Book Cover

This e-reader cover looks like a book cover. I did mine in white because that's what i had in my stash. You can use any size needle for the type of material you'll be working with.

What you'll need;
  • pair of knitting needles
  • material to knit with
  • sturdy cardboard or plastic
  • a button or braided wool
What you'll need to know;
  • st-st = Stockinette stitch
  • K2tog = Knit 2 stitches together
  • YO = yarn over 
The pattern;

Measure your e-reader. You'll need to know length "A" and "B" from the picture posted. The pattern it self will be stitches measuring the length of "A". You will need to knit 4 lengths of "B" . Also about an extra 1cm or so for the spine, and 2" or so for the closing flap.

After knitting in st-st the 4 lengths of "B" and the spine you'll knit the closing flap. For this knit half your flap and mid way through your row K2tog and then YO  twice. continue the other half of your flap. You will notice this creates a hole in your work. This is where the tie/ button will be.

Now you have this long piece of work. it will fold in two and slip the protective hard material inside with a small piece of the protective material for the spine. Sew the entire piece together. Attach braided wool or button to the cover and slip it through the hole. At this point I knitted 2 small ropes to sew onto the back inside of the reader to keep my e-reader in place. There you have it a knitted e-reader cover. Feel free to jazz it up. I'd love to see your e-reader photos!